The Embassy provides, where possible, consular services to Samoans abroad, including in Japan. This includes the facilitation of applications for Samoan passports and requests relating to other important official documents issued by the Government of Samoa.
The Embassy also assists in providing information and advice on immigration and other general matters to Japanese residents wishing to travel to Samoa.
Please contact the Embassy for further information not available herein.
All passport applications are processed and issued upon approval by the Immigration Office in Samoa.
The applicant is required to complete the Samoan Passport Application form and includes the following:
- 2 recent passport-sized photos;
- application & administration fee for each application of ¥25,000 for Adults; and ¥ 12,500 for children under 16 years;
- where relevant, a copy of recent passport biodata/information page;
- full details of return mailing address;
- brief background note about the applicant.
A separate fee is charged for replacement passports due to loss.
The process can take up to six weeks from the date of receipt by the Embassy of the application.
Citizenship & other Immigration Documents
The Embassy facilitates requests and applications for matters relating to citizenship and renunciation thereof; as well as other immigration/travel-related documents for Samoan citizens & residents.
Other Documents & Certification
In most, if not all, cases, all public documents must be certified in order to be legally used outside of Samoa.
The Embassy can facilitate requests relating to birth, marriage & death certificates; Certificate of Non-Impediment; etc by obtaining the documents from the relevant authorities in Samoa including the Apostille Stamp (Certification) administered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Apia.
The applicant must provide a brief background note, details of full return postal address and pay the relevant fee(s).
VISA INFORMATION FOR NON-SAMOAN CITIZENS/NATIONALS
Visitors to Samoa can apply for a 90-day Visitor Permit on arrival using the arrival card. Travelers must have:
- a passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended stay
- confirmed onward tickets (Return Ticket)
- visas for the next country of destination
- sufficient funds to support themselves (while in Samoa)
- confirmed residential contact address
Work is not permitted on a Visitor Permit. Visitors who are in Samoa and wish to apply for a further period of stay as a visitor should use the temporary residence form. A Business Visitor Permit is for persons normally employed and paid offshore who are visiting Samoa for a short visit, to visit a branch of their company, to conduct business negotiations with a Samoan company or to attend a business conference.
For other business activities in Samoa, a Temporary Resident Permit is required.
Application for further extension of your 90-day Visitor’s permit:
To apply for this extension, you must:
- Complete the application form for temporary residence (MPMC100)
- Attach a photocopy of an onward ticket out of Samoa
- Provide evidence of sufficient funds to support your extended stay
- Provide details of accommodation arrangements